Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Drowning a thousand deaths on the river Nile

I learned my lesson in Dominican Republic by smashing various parts of myself on rocks and other blunt objects while rafting on our honeymoon, so I didn’t have too much of a desire to head out for 8 hours of rafting on the Nile. Luckily for Monica, Jamie is much cooler and braver than I, so she jumped at the chance. This, on Monica’s birthday, was the right choice, as they ended up getting the coolest guide, coolest boat, and having the best time possible. Monica was even treated to a front seat ride in light of the fact that it was her birthday. She sounded pretty nervous before heading out for the day but had no regrets when coming back. Pretty nice experience for a birthday... celebrate it in Uganda with a good friend and one of the best rivers in the world for rafting!

Happy 28th Monica :)

No comments: