Friday, November 27, 2009

november

From The Davii - Ug Fotos


sean. . .

- tried to kill a lizard in our toilet today, but the thing just swam right down the pipe. We have the stick ready for its next arrival.
- loves watching Dust to Glory- his inspirational dirt bike Baja 1000 movie. Maybe driving on the Ugandan roads will prepare him for this race someday (not in terms of speed- but vehicles driving towards you in your own lane and pedestrians walking in the middle of the road).
- has worn one pair of flip flops for over a year in Uganda. It’s time to get new ones.
- is working in the computer lab for all our staff- he’s available for anything from teaching- “I’ve never used a computer before” to complex excel formulas questions. He loves seeing how excited people get about learning and it’s a great way to get to know the staff.
- ‘s favourite food Ugandan food is fried goat and his favourite soda is Stoney.

From The Davii - Ug Fotos


Jamie (me)

- So I tried two new things in the last month. 1. I ate deep fried white ants 2. I ate deep fried grasshoppers. And you might think- how was it? Well, it’s really not that bad, but I don’t like the thought of having bug legs stuck in my teeth.
- On a better note, I love eating deep fried banana pancakes for breakfast. I’m a regular at the canteen by my workplace and I even get free candy with my purchases.

1 comment:

Amber Devine said...

Wow! Deep fried insects Jamie, How brave!